We are thrilled to share details for the inaugural Revolution Ride this September! We have both in-person and virtual event details below, and more will be shared by email as we inch closer to event day. If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This premier cycling event takes place Sunday, September 26th, 2021 in picturesque Dundas, Ontario. Not only will the kilometers logged be worthwhile, but the start and finish lines are located at the escarpment-side brewery, in the heart of Dundas, at Shawn & Ed Brewing Co.
Here are the event details:
- Sunday, September 26, 2021
- 90km – Registration: 7:00am; Start line: 8:05am
- 40km – Registration: 8:00am; Start line: 9:05am
- Shawn & Ed Brewery, Dundas Ontario (65 Hatt Street, Dundas, Ontario)
- Click here for the 40km and 90km routes.
How we’re keeping you safe – COVID-19 protocols:
Your safety is our highest priority, and there is a comprehensive plan in place to ensure that all participants, staff, and volunteers stay safe throughout the event. Here are some of the protocols that will be in place to ensure your safety:
- All staff and volunteers will attend mandatory health and safety training
- All participants will complete COVID-19 screening before entering the event area
- Hand sanitization stations will be placed throughout event areas
- Staggered start times/lines will be in place to ensure physical distancing
- Face coverings/masks will be required as per the bylaw in areas where physical distancing cannot be maintained (e.g. washrooms, registration)
- Line management processes will be in place
- Clear COVID-19 protocol signage
In addition to the in-person ride, the Revolution Ride also offers the option for you to complete the ride virtually from the location of your choice.
As a virtual rider, here’s what you can look forward to in the weeks leading up to the event:
- Participate in weekly Challenges on Strava – Gear up to compete for bragging rights in the Strava Club, with challenges starting Aug 30 until Sep 26!
- Top Fundraiser Recognition on Strava – The event’s top virtual fundraisers will unlock special recognition on the virtual route via named segments on Strava. If you land in the top of the fundraising leaderboard, you get to decide how you’d like to be recognized: your name, team name, or maybe a dedication in honour of a loved one.
- As a participant and fundraiser, you will receive a special care package in the mail to help get you Ride-ready! Keep an eye on your mailbox during the week of September 20!
Here’s what you can expect for Virtual "Event Day”:
- Participating as a virtual rider means you can ride anywhere! Pick any day during the week of September 20-26 to ride your 40km or 90km route, log the activity on Strava and name "Revolution Ride” to add your kilometers to the record.