We are thrilled to share details for the inaugural Revolution Ride this September! We have both in-person and virtual event details below, and more will be shared by email as we inch closer to event day. If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This premier cycling event takes place Sunday, September 24th in picturesque Dundas, Ontario. Not only will the kilometres logged be worthwhile, but the start and finish lines are located at the escarpment-side brewery, in the heart of Dundas, at Shawn & Ed Brewing Co.
Here are the event details:
- Sunday, September 24th
- 90km – Registration: 7:00am; Start line: 8:05am
- 40km – Registration: 8:00am; Start line: 9:05am
- 12km - TBC
- Shawn & Ed Brewery, Dundas Ontario (65 Hatt Street, Dundas, Ontario)
Post Ride Celebrations:
Invite your family and friends to cheer you on and celebrate with us at the finish line with our Post Ride Celebration event.
- Where: Shawn & Ed Brewery Co.
- When: September 24, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Live music
- Wood Fire Pizzas
- Raffle - a chance to win two Air Canada flight tickets for a roundtrip to anywhere in North America, along with many more exciting prizes!
- Lots of fun to celebrate your hard work!
In addition to the in-person ride, the Revolution Ride also offers the option for you to complete the ride virtually from the location of your choice.
As a virtual rider, here’s what you can look forward to in the weeks leading up to the event:
- Participate in weekly Challenges on Strava – Gear up to compete for bragging rights in the Strava Club
- Top Fundraiser Recognition on Strava – The event’s top virtual fundraisers will unlock special recognition on the virtual route via named segments on Strava. If you land in the top of the fundraising leaderboard, you get to decide how you’d like to be recognized: your name, team name, or maybe a dedication in honour of a loved one.
- As a participant and fundraiser, you will receive a special care package in the mail to help get you Ride-ready! Keep an eye on your mailbox during the week of September 20!
Here’s what you can expect for Virtual "Event Day”:
Participating as a virtual rider means you can ride anywhere! Pick any day during the week of September 18 to ride your 12km, 40km or 90km route, log the activity on Strava and name it "Revolution Ride” to add your kilometres to the record. Take pictures and post them on your social media tagging @ALSCanada using our event hashtag #RevolutionRide.